Wild mushroom stroganoff
Wild mushroom stroganoff served with wild rice and charred chilli and garlic broccoli
1 large white onion finely chopped
3 gloves of garlic minced or finely chopped
1 tsp of dried thyme or 5-sticks of fresh thyme
250g sliced chestnut mushrooms
125g sliced forestiere mushrooms (or other wild mushrooms)
125g sliced shiitake mushrooms (or other wild mushrooms)
1 tin coconut milk (refrigerated)
3 spring onions sliced diagonally
Salt and pepper
2 broccoli heads cut up into florets
1 red chilli finely diced (or more if you like it spicy)
150g brown basmati rice
150g red Camargue red rice
1. Place the brown rice in a pan with double the amount of salted boiling water- cook for 40 minutes until cooked but not mushy. Do the same in another pan with the Camargue red rice. Once both types of rice are cooked, mix them together.
2. Once the rice is on, fry the onions in some olive oil in a big frying pan until soft and slightly browned, add 2 cloves garlic and few for a few more minutes but be careful not to burn.
3. Add all the mushrooms and fry until they have started to cook, season the mushrooms and add the thyme
4. Open the refrigerated coconut milk and separate the coconut cream from the water
5. Add just the coconut cream to the mushrooms and stir so the coconut cream melts.
6. Leave the mushrooms to simmer and reduce down for 5 mins before adding the juice of a lemon.
7. Bring a big pan of water to the boiling and add the broccoli, boil for 5 minutes so it is al dente. Drain the water and plunge the broccoli into ice cold water (this retains the vibrancy)
8. Drain the broccoli, making sure you shake out all the water
9. In a hot pan, fry the red chilli and remaining garlic in some olive oil for a couple of minutes and add the broccoli and leave it to char, stirring occasionally.
10. Serve the stroganoff on the bed of rice, sprinkle over the spring onions and serve the broccoli by the side.